We're thrilled to announce the fifth-annual Designalytics Effectiveness Awards in partnership with Dieline, the leading media brand for consumer packaging and consumer brands. The call for entries is now open through the Dieline Awards platform.
The Designalytics Effectiveness Awards recognize package redesigns that have been instrumental in driving brand growth. Unlike traditional design competitions, the judging process for these awards is entirely data-driven—based on sales performance in the marketplace, as well as rigorous quantitative consumer testing.
The awards were created to help elevate the role of package design by spotlighting the immense financial impact that it can have on consumer brands. Effective package designs are a joy to behold—but they're also a tremendous asset and a formidable weapon in today's fiercely competitive marketplace. They have a significant, tangible impact on brand growth, and they deserve to be celebrated.
Brand and agency representatives are invited to submit their package redesigns for consideration. Registration is free, and there is no limit to the number of projects that can be submitted by a single entrant.
About the award
Winner selection is data-driven, and based on:
- An analysis of sales performance (via retail scanner data) for the six months prior to and following the redesign.
- Evaluation by hundreds of consumers on multiple design performance indicators.
To be considered, submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a product sold in the U.S.
- Must be a package redesign launched between July 2021 and September 2023. (Package designs for new products aren’t eligible.)
- Must be from a fast-moving-consumer-goods category (e.g., food, beverage, personal care, household goods, pet care, etc.). This excludes packaging for durable goods (e.g., electronics, jewelry, etc.).
- Must be distributed, at least in part, through physical retail stores.
- May be a private-label (i.e., store brand) product, but additional information (such as retail sales data) may be requested.
How to enter
Visit https://dieline.awardsplatform.com, register, and select "Designalytics Effectiveness Award" as the category for your entry. If you have questions about the eligibility of your project, please contact us.
Curious about previous winners?
Check out these astoundingly good redesigns (and the stories behind them) from our past Designalytics Effectiveness Award winners.